Note: EMGR has moved to its own domain name. This site will remain online (but with closed comments) until roughly July 1, 2007. Please update your bookmarks to visit EMGR at its new location: eriemediablog.com.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In their own words?

FCC makes all filings available to the public for comment. I was not going to post this again as it already has been posted on another site. However, the first few comments received seem to ask for proof so here it is in their own words. http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/getattachment_exh.cgi?exhibit_id=368665


By the way, if management is saying that this is not true, I would remind them of a little statement on their FCC application for extention:

WILLFUL FALSE STATEMENTS ON THIS FORM ARE PUNISHABLE BY FINE AND/OR IMPRISONMENT (U.S. CODE, TITLE 18, SECTION 1001), AND/OR REVOCATION OF ANY STATION LICENSE OR CONSTRUCTION PERMIT (U.S. CODE, TITLE 47, SECTION 312(a)(1)), AND/OR FORFEITURE (U.S. CODE, TITLE 47, SECTION 503).

Did management file a false statement with the FCC? Please tell the truth to everyone...even your own employees. I do hope 2006 bottom line is better....for everyone's sake.

3 comments:

Jack Tirak said...

If there is any stress at the station it has been caused by the bean counters in management. I haven't seen you weep about the 28 who got the axe. You say that I have said things that I haven't. I only post what your managment has reported to the FCC. As you know digital is a national mandate. WSEE has no choice. Congress has grown tired of stations like WSEE who stall in the progress. Yes I want digital and I want HD. But most of all I want the station to tell the truth. If the station files for another phony extention, I will file comments and urge others to do the same. Take care of your kids and remember the kids of the employees that were shown the door. WSEE has a future...but not under the current policies. By they way check your employee files and you will find no application from me. I have nothing agaist WSEE except sloppy management who has taken a good station down. I used to do a great deal of production work there and a damn good crew they were.

Also I have never claimed here that FCC would pull the license, but I could only hope that the station would avoid that possibility.

I have not spoken to any employee of the station and have no intention to. So How can I cause hardship.

Jenson said...

Wow, this is an interesting read.

I interned at 35 a couple of years ago.

I'm keeping my mouth shut, but am observing. Well, except for this post.

Jack Tirak said...

switcher35. I have not said that the FCC will pull the plug and I certaintly hope that doesn't happen. But congress held hearings and is tired of the delay tactics of broadcasters who are moving at a snails pace. That is why the date for final transition was moved and now fixed for February 2009. The day analog will go dark. WSEE if it is going to be viable needs to get channel 16 on the air ASAP. I would have hoped it would also be HD but that is not required and sounds like that will never happen with current management. That a look at this FCC website http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html

and this is why congress was so quick to act to set a firm transition date. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/68xx/doc6810/SenCommRec.pdf

They can raise 25 billion dollars in 5 years. Politicians like that sound.

Thanks to certain specific comments made, this blog is getting more attention then I ever anticiapted or wanted. WSEE is not my focus this blog although you may think it is. From a PR standpoint some here are achieving the opposite effect they wanted.