Note: EMGR has moved to its own domain name. This site will remain online (but with closed comments) until roughly July 1, 2007. Please update your bookmarks to visit EMGR at its new location: eriemediablog.com.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

CRAP!…. I Am On The What??


Embarrassing Moment #3

(Editor’s Note: This is a 3rd in a serious of embarrassing moments in media that commentators have shared. The one below was sent to me as Anonymous. Normally I would have liked to print the name but the story was so typical of what happens at many stations, I thought it was worth holding and sharing. If you want to share a funny or embarrassing moment, send it to emgr@verizon.net.)

I used to do afternoon drive news on WJET AM 1400.

Standard practice was for the DJ to give the newsroom a courtesy call about five till the hour during their last stop set of the hour, to let him know that news was coming up. This was always helpful, since we had our backs to the DJ while banging out news copy.

One day, Ken Tyler was on vacation and the fill-in guy didn't intercom me. The next thing I know is the news stinger sounds and I whip around to see this guy pointing at me with the on air light shining

"Congress passed a law on February 1, 2006, setting a final deadline for the DTV transition of February 17, 2009. Most television stations will continue broadcasting both analog and digital programming until February 17, 2009, when all analog broadcasting will stop.." FCC http://www.dtv.gov/

Thursday….No More Mother’s Milk for Affilates!

No comments: