Note: EMGR has moved to its own domain name. This site will remain online (but with closed comments) until roughly July 1, 2007. Please update your bookmarks to visit EMGR at its new location: eriemediablog.com.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hoping You Put Your Christmas In High Definition!

What do I mean by a High Definition Christmas? I am suggesting that everyone think clearly this holiday season. Think about family, friends’ co-workers and those that you may have grown estranged from. Try to look past their mistakes and see crisp and clean what made them so close to you.

Find the inner beauty that you once saw--for that may be their true essence. It is easy to dwell on the errors and foibles of people. I always wonder why it is so hard to see the good.

On this Christmas season, EMGR wishes all its readers a High Definition Christmas. May we all continue to have health, wisdom and patience in the coming New Year.

Finally, I want to thank the readers of EMGR for giving me purpose in this stage of my life. You have no idea what you have meant to me.

The regular Shout-It-Out feature that usually begins on Sunday will instead start for the week on Tuesday. If you feel you still want to address an issue, hold it or use the previous weeks “Shout.” They are always open for posting.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack said:

"Finally, I want to thank the readers of EMGR for giving me purpose in this stage of my life. You have no idea what you have meant to me."

And thank YOU, Jack for putting together what has to be the very best local Erie blog to come along in a long time. This place is great!!!!!!

You've really provided a place that fulfills an unmet need. People in Erie were already talking about local media stuff among themselves for years. What this blog does is it provides a public forum for discussing these same topics. We didn't have that before. Now we do.

Add to that the tremendous insight you have from your years in the field that you kindly contribute to this blog. I've learned many things about local media that I did not know before, and I'm sure other folks feel the same.

I also think this blog serves as a "reality check" for many people working at the local stations. Reading this blog helps them realize what people are REALLY saying about their news, production, personalities, etc. If they honestly listen to many of the things discussed here, their news can only get BETTER!

Thanks a million for this blog and all your efforts, Jack. This place is truly spectacular.