Note: EMGR has moved to its own domain name. This site will remain online (but with closed comments) until roughly July 1, 2007. Please update your bookmarks to visit EMGR at its new location: eriemediablog.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tirak Apologies to Poster for Removal!

With all the spamming that occurred yesterday, I have to admit... I got a little sensitive.

When a poster pointed to a legal notice in Tuesday’s Erie Times-News regarding Time-Warner having a notice that current carriage agreements with WICU and WSEE were running out and T-W may have to cease carrying one or both stations, I checked the legal notices and could not find it.

So I deleted the original notice and asked the poster to contact me. He or she did and pointed me to the correct location in Tuesday’s paper to page 5A. It was there.

The information he or she posted was correct, but it was a display ad and not a legal notice. It is easy to mix the terms.

Again, I apologize to the poster and thanks for the information.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone really cares if you goofed up? We all goof up! You can't be too careful when you're dealing with this ornery group of "professionals!"

Why the hell are people so thin-skinned?

Anonymous said...

You should have just told him "Screw It! I'm not apologizing! Do you have any idea how much grief I take from people!"

HaHa! Just playing with you. Seems to be a low number of postings today. All the criminals, er readers must be playing with themselves, er Playstation?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack:

The apology was not necesssary but thanks.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I hope Time Warner wins! I'm sick and tired of those clowns at SJL/Lilly thinking they're born with a better pot to piss in!

Think about it: If Time Warner drops WICU/WSEE from its cable system the public will be outraged! Maybe even blame SJL/Lilly for not being able to see their favorite programs on cable? Those of us in the know realize that the OTA signal of WICU and WSEE is garbage.

WSEE has no Digital signal whatsoever and WICU broadcasts its Digital signal at a blistering 0.95 KW ERP! I'm sure SJL/Lilly would be flooded with phone calls from angry viewers. I doubt anything would come from it.

Basically SJL/Lilly is a terrible broadcasting company. Thank goodness Nexstar at least has a plan for HDTV for its owned stations.

I guess SJL/Lilly just wants to get its 30 pieces of silver from whomever it can. Maybe this is just a legalized form of extortion?? One of these days someone is going to have to explain to me why a cable company has to pay a TV station for the right to rebroadcast its signal?

Using SJL/Lilly's logic I guess the next people they would go after are those who have Antenna on their roof. I thought a TV stations signal was free?

Just another form of SJL/Lilly Extortion?

Jack Tirak said...

No...

This is one area that SJL and Nexstar as well as the networks have a legit gripe. cable systems make money from using their signals.

It is only fair that cable pays the price as they do for other networks. The price to the consumer who wants the convenience of cable or satellite is not that high.

This whole thing is a negociating ploy. I am sure that an agreement will be signed before the extreme. but you may be right about the public calling. I wonder if that was T-W's intent all along to create pressure.

We will see.

Anonymous said...

If it is T-W's intent to create public pressure on SJL/Lilly don't you think it is a brilliant move?

Think about it: Your Cable bill is increasing because we have to pay greedy operators like SJL/Lilly a retrans fee!

Not a bad little negotiating ploy.

I really enjoy your blog. Lot's of thought provoking commentary and analysis.

KEEP IT UP!

Anonymous said...

provoking commentary and analysis!???

You guys really need to get a life!!!